How it Works for a Tenant
A Safe and Secure Way to Apply for Tenancy
RealSerious.com offers an online tenant screening solution that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In order to begin the process, the tenant MUST have an email address and provide it to the landlord/agent. The process generally goes as follows:
- Landlord/Agent places a tenant screening order using the email address provided by the tenant.
- The tenant is sent a request via email and instructed to visit RealSerious.com to create an account in order to accept or decline the request. Note: The tenant's account must be created with the same email address that he or she provided to the landlord/agent for placing an order.
- The tenant must agree to accept the request to initiate the secure release of his or her credit report and criminal record information to the landlord/agent through RealSerious.com.
- The tenant will then be asked to verify his or her identity by answering a few multiple choice questions (usually three) provided by the credit reporting agency about current or previous information on file.
- The landlord/agent receives the tenant's credit and criminal history as soon as the tenant successfully passes the identity authentication process conducted by the credit reporting agency.
Learn more about RealSerious.com: