How it Works for a Landlord/Agent
Tenant Screening without a Site Inspection or Documentation
RealSerious.com is used by landlords and real estate agents to screen prospective tenants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In order to begin the process, the tenant MUST have an email address. The process generally goes as follows:
- Landlord/Agent places a tenant screening order using the email address provided by the tenant. (If the landlord/agent is new to RealSerious.com, he or she must create an account and add at least one rental property address.)
- The tenant is sent a request via email and instructed to visit RealSerious.com to create an account in order to accept or decline the request. Note: The tenant's account must be created with the same email address that he or she provided to the landlord/agent for placing an order.
- The tenant must agree to accept the request to initiate the secure release of his or her credit report and criminal record information to the landlord/agent through RealSerious.com.
- The tenant will then be asked to verify his or her identity by answering a few multiple choice questions (usually four) provided by the credit reporting agency about current or previous information on file.
- The landlord/agent receives the tenant's credit and criminal history as soon as the tenant successfully passes the identity authentication process conducted by the credit reporting agency.
Learn more about RealSerious.com: